Commission for "Children's Biennale: Dreams & Stories"; National Gallery Singapore; Singapore. 2017
A duplet is a set of two things. In music, it is a pair of equal notes performed in the time of three.
Two people sit with their heads in the cloud. They hear ten questions with several seconds of silence between each one. They listen to each question and answer it immediately, at the same time as their partner.
1. What makes you happiest?
2. What do you dream of doing, and why haven’t you done it?
3. Imagine yourself 30 years in the future. What advice would you give yourself?
4. Who is your hero and why?
5. What is your most treasured memory?
6. Have you had a recurring dream? What happens in this dream?
7. Which historical person would you like to meet?
8. What talent would you most like to have?
9. Which fictional character do you most identify with?
10. What quality do you most value in a person?
photos by: Esther Leong, Mavis Tan, Murni Khaliesah Binte Uda